Developing Your Direct Reports
For new and experienced supervisors one of the most challenging areas is how to help direct reports develop and grow in their current jobs. This workshop explores how to help your direct reports grow their skills and increase their contribution to the organization.
Participants will learn how to do the following:
- Understand the differences in what drives individual employee performance
- Recognize the role of the supervisor, the employee, and the organization in the development process
- Connect the individual’s development interests with department and organizational needs
- Create a climate of two-way communication to identify specific on-the-job development opportunities
Participant benefits include:
- Framework to initiate and conduct a development discussion
- Tips for identifying “low cost/no cost” on-the-job development activities
3.5 hours minimum. Actual workshop duration can be adjusted upward based on employer’s training requirements.
Operation A.B.L.E. will develop a training proposal based on the specific requirements of the organization and the trainees.