Interviewing For Success
Selecting a new employee from an applicant pool can be a challenging task for new and experienced supervisors. Making that important choice requires an understanding of the requirements of the open position and the ability to determine a candidate’s capability to perform job responsibilities successfully.
This 3.5-hour workshop focuses on specific interviewing tips and techniques that will enhance the interviewer’s ability to make sound hiring decisions.
Instruction includes brief lectures, group discussions, and skills-practices based on actual job openings.
Participants will learn how:
- Identify three distinct stages of every interview—planning, conducting, and evaluating
- Review job analysis tools—how to analyze job openings in terms of identifying critical tasks, skills and abilities
- Practice question development—how to create and use interview questions (e.g., open, closed, probing, competency-based)
- Identify communication tips for keeping the interview on track
- Create an action plan for the next interview
Participant benefits include:
- An interview framework that can be applied to any job opening
- Competency-based questions that relate specifically to an open position
- Checklists for each phase of the interview: beginning, middle, and close
The length of each training engagement will depend on the need and number of trainees and the strategic objectives of the client.
Operation A.B.L.E. will develop a training proposal based on the specific requirements of the organization and the trainees.