Positive and Constructive
Communication is an essential part of every job. As a supervisor, how certain are you that your message is heard and understood in the way you intended? Remove any doubt by strengthening your feedback skills. This interactive session focuses on specific tips to help you work toward clearer messages.
Participants will learn how to do the following:
- Identify characteristics, benefits and potential risks of providing on-the-job feedback
- Deliver effective feedback by using a five-question model to prepare for the conversation
- Understand the other party’s point of view and anticipate reactions
- Apply workshop principles to their scenarios
Participant benefits include:
- An outline for structuring any feedback conversation
- Checklist for preparing, conducting, and following up on a feedback discussion
3.5 hours minimum. Actual workshop duration can be adjusted upward based on employer’s training requirements.
Operation A.B.L.E. will develop a training proposal based on the specific requirements of the organization and the trainees.