Downsizing to Meaningful Employment
ABLE Workforce Training offers outplacement training and services to downsized employees that helps them transition into new employment. For groups, our “rapid response” approach enables us to swiftly implement a range of skills enhancement services in a variety of areas, from job hunting, interviewing, and resume development, to networking, cover letter and thank you note writing, and salary negotiations. For individuals, we can provide intense job search coaching and counseling, as well as hourly tutoring and more comprehensive options for optimizing existing Microsoft Office, social media, and other technology skills.
Whether the engagement takes an individual or group approach, downsized employees can be thoroughly prepared to meet the challenges ahead. Content possibilities are as varied as the diverse needs of individuals and organizations alike.
Participants will learn how to:
- Create an effective resume and cover letter
- Apply for jobs online
- Use social media platforms to find work
- Interview to bring out their best
- Negotiate salary offers
- Improve their keyboarding and computer skills
Participant benefits include:
- Learning new, highly effective job search skills
- Individual and group career counseling
- Access to varying levels MS Office skills training, from basics review to in-depth training across entire MS Office suite of applications
- Preparation to present themselves to the employer community and make the absolute most of the job search process
Duration: The length of each outplacement engagement will depend on the breadth of
outplacement services identified by the employer.
Cost: The cost to the employer will be determined by the requirements of the specific